Rhode Island Credit Union is a full service financial institution located in the University of Rhode Island Memorial Union building. Establishing an account is a convenient option for students.
Why open an account?
- Full service branch.
- On campus location to cash and deposit checks.
- Convenient and FREE access to cash in the branch or at the ATM.
- No costly ATM fees.
- FREE Online Banking and Bill Payment.
- FREE ATM or Debit Card.
- Student friendly accounts.
How to open an account?
- IN PERSON: Accounts can be opened in person at any statewide branch location at any time. The URI Branch is open Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 4:30 and Friday 8:30 – 5:00. In addition, for added convenience, the URI Branch will also be open on Sunday, September 2, 2018 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- BY MAIL: Accounts can be opened by mail. Download an account application or contact us at 401.789.0253 to have an account packet mailed. Complete one account card for a savings account and two cards for a savings and checking account. Please note that a savings account is required to open a checking account. Mail the completed cards and an initial deposit ($5 minimum for savings and $20 minimum for checking) to Rhode Island Credit Union, Attention: URI Accounts, 160 Francis Street, Providence, RI 02903.
- Applications for ATM Cards and Debit Cards are accepted in person.
Rhode Island Credit Union is also as close as the nearest CO-OP Shared Branching location. Rhode Island Credit Union members may visit any of thousands CO-OP Shared Branching locations to conduct deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, and loan advances as well as make inquiries, obtain statement printouts, and purchase money orders, travelers checks, and bank checks where available.
Anyone belonging to a CO-OP Shared Branching credit union may utilize any Rhode Island Credit Union branch location to conduct transactions on their account. Obtain a list of participating locations.
- Contact our URI Branch at 401.789.0253 or email us using our Information Request Form.