By belonging to Rhode Island Credit Union, children become eligible for a large variety of products and services throughout their lifetime. Starting an account for a child at a young age gives them the perfect opportunity to learn first-hand about the importance of managing their money. They can watch their account balance grow as they earn dividends and even benefit from higher dividend rates with a Certificate of Deposit.
- Account available for children age 12 and under.
- Competitive dividends on average daily balances of $100 or more.
- No monthly or annual fees.
- Choice of a FREE opening gift.
- Special birthday mailings.
- Special offerings including games, contests, and special events.
How to Open a Youth Account:
- Visit any branch location in person.
- Account must be opened with an adult joint owner and the adult needs to present two forms of acceptable identification (contact any branch office for a list of acceptable identification).
- Social Security Card and Birth Certificate for the minor required.