- Account available for children age 12 and under.
- Competitive dividends on average daily balances of $100 or more.
- No monthly or annual fees.
- Choice of a FREE opening gift - backpack or stuffed animal .
- Special birthday mailings.
- Special offerings including games, contests, and special events.
Why open a Youth Account?
- By belonging to Rhode Island Credit Union, children become eligible for a large variety of products and services throughout their lifetime.
- Children have the perfect opportunity to learn first-hand about the importance of
managing their money.
- By watching their account balance grow as they earn dividends on the money
in their account, children are motivated to save even more.
- Children can benefit from higher dividend rates by opening a Certificate of Deposit.
How to Open a Youth Account
- Visit any branch location in person.
- Account must be opened with an adult joint owner and the adult needs to present
two forms of acceptable identification (contact any branch office for a list of
- Social Security Card and Birth Certificate for the minor required.