Privacy Notice and Disclosure
Please view our Privacy Notice and Disclosure to learn what Rhode Island Credit Union does with your personal infromation.
ONLINE PRIVACY AND SECURITY
In general, you can visit our website without disclosing to us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are some areas that will collect certain information about you and it is important for you to know how we use this information. When you visit our website, we collect and store information on the Internet domain and address you use to access our website, the date and time you access our site, and the pages you visit. This information is used solely for the purposes of creating site activity and statistical reports. These reports enable us to improve the usefulness of our site and to better serve our membership.
When you email us, we collect and store personal information to process your email request. Users of this site should understand that any personal information that is voluntarily sent via an unsecured email form might be collected and used by others. Please do not include your account number, your Social Security number, your personal identification number (PIN), your password or any other confidential information in your email requests to Rhode Island Credit Union. Secured forms and applications are available on our website to contact us and to apply for various services and loans online.
Rhode Island Credit Union utilizes passwords, 128-bit SSL encryption, and firewalls to keep your account information secure and private when you use our online banking service, Branch24. For your protection, be sure to always log off Branch24 when you are done using it.
Other safe computing practices you may want to consider include:
- Installing virus detection software.
- Performing regular backups.
- Acquiring a home firewall especially if you utilize a DSL or cable modem connection to the Internet and leave your computer on all the time.
- Password protecting sensitive files on your computer.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
Rhode Island Credit Union recommends that you take the following precautions to guard against the disclosure and unauthorized use of your personal and account information:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Never provide personal information (including full Social Security numbers or account and credit card information) over the phone unless you have initiated the call and know with whom you are speaking. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the Credit Union, you should beware. Credit Union staff will have access to this information and will not need to ask for it.
- Notify us immediately if your ATM, credit or debit card has been lost or stolen. Also notify us immediately if your checks have been lost or stolen.
- Keep your information with us current. Be sure to notify us if your address or phone number changes, so we know how to reach you.
Please visit the Preventing ID Theft page for additional guidelines on how to protect your information.